I've gone, shuffled off to share the Tart's blog - you'll find me there now, when she lets me near the computer...

Monday, June 04, 2007

Roll on summer





Lots of growth in the garden though not all of it is edible (I know, I've tried...) First we had a sunny April, then a rainy May, so everything is up and running, including the slugs which have found their way to some of Lindsay's seedlings. She's planning to build some sawdust walls to stop the little blighters in their tracks but she'd better be quick.
Either slugs or rabbits have been feasting on the more tender leaf type herbs too - a new wild fennel plant has been eaten to the ground. L was looking forward to drinking it as she's a bit of a fennel tea freak these days (it balances out the less healthy cake and chocolate habits, she likes to think).
Apart from gardening, it's quiet here, as H and L are forever up in their workrooms, slaving over masterpieces - I'll post some work up once we have decent shots. Humphrey who built The Workhouse website will be photographing all the exhibition works later in the month.

1 comment:

tlchang said...

Please share! Tell me how saw dust walls work on slugs (they are *terrible* here this year!) and please tell me all about fennel tea! I have a giant fennel plant (and more seeds than I know what to do with. Want some?)