I've gone, shuffled off to share the Tart's blog - you'll find me there now, when she lets me near the computer...

Monday, February 06, 2006



Chilly here today but L and I have been busy outside - she has been pruning shoots off the willows and I have been chewing the ones she lost sight of. She has trimmed them and built a slightly squint and wobbly trellis-y fence thingy with the cuttings and about a hundred miles of green jute twine stuff tying all the crosses together. I expect if it grows there will be a photograph or two on here to show it off.

This has been a momentous weekend. Hugh bought a Land Rover-based vehicle last February so he could take part in hill rallies and off road competitions. It has taken him a year to get the Beastie into safe working order and on Saturday it finally made it out of the shed and into the neighbour's field for testing purposes. There's no middle seat in it for me so I had to content myself with trying the new driver's seat before it was fitted.

Lindsay has become hooked on knitting blogs and sites. All too often of an evening this past week my slumber by the stove has been rudely interrupted by shrieks and guffaws from the other room as she finds yet another site to ooh and aah over. I dread to think where it will all end...

No comments: