I've gone, shuffled off to share the Tart's blog - you'll find me there now, when she lets me near the computer...

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Rain stopped play


There I was, just getting accustomed to waking up to sunshine and the comforting thought of another day to laze in the garden when lo, the rains came down. Well, alright, heavy drizzle, but still, it has rather taken the edge of my early summer.

Hugh took pity on me and I was sole passenger on the brief car trip he made today (ooops, and then another one to his saviour, the blacksmith with the well-stocked workshop just down the road). So at least I had the joy of the back of the car all to myself, without 'Nipper' Midge at my ankles.

The camera has been out this last month, but largely to photograph fancy new yarns and stuffed animal-thingies for herself's shop so I don't have anything that new and exciting to show you. Hugh's cabin is ready for the maestro but he's been cutting grass and washing cars for a living lately so there's no new masterpieces to show you yet.
H and L were down in Northumberland on Sunday, checking out The Art Tour - they saw work by fifteen different artists and craftspeople (out of many more) and had a jolly time. I fear L may feel the need to rabbit on at length about the experience but she can do that on her own blog, methinks...

2 comments:

Wimsey said...

Ah my dear girl, I sympathize with your rain plight, we've had quite a bit in NYC too. Please tell your humans that photographs of you should be included in every post, they can buy another camera for their own things.

Wimsey

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I wonder... are you near Wigtown by chance? And by the way, Edward dislikes the rain as well. Doesn't like to get his feet wet. At all.